Sunday, April 24, 2011

Faster than a 10 second car.


The Fast and the Furious.


Yes, part one. I only just saw it. See I wasn’t a big fan of this series. In fact, I wasn’t a big fan of Vin Diesel either. I liked Pitch Black because that was a horror/scifi and I liked his character, Riddick, but he was part of a bigger cast and it wasn’t so much just about him. But Fast and Furious and XXX weren’t my thing. Although, I own XXX – still haven’t seen it, and my wife gave me FATF I never watched them.


It was only after Chronicles of Riddick that I really liked Vin Diesel. See I don’t jump on bandwagons just cause there is a new star out there. Same as Leo Dicaprio, or Tom Cruise. They gotta pay their dues first and Vin paid them with Riddick. See he had 3 potential series going, XXX, FATF or Riddick. He chose to continue Riddick since Vin was more into scifi and fantasy, than into action, something I can relate to, and I think a lot of the geek community really liked that choice. Anyway, I decided to go back and watch some of the Vin movies I never saw.


I have to admit that I really enjoyed this movie big time! The story was pretty good and the action was nice too! I am really surprised that I liked it so much. I actually own Tokyo Drift, Vin only makes a cameo, but I got that one cause the cars looked pretty sick and anything in Japan is automatically great! Plus Lil Bow Wow had an Incredible Hulk car – that’s one way to get me on board.


But all in all, this first one was much better than Tokyo Drift, story wise. Sure the cars weren’t as cool, but I really liked Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in this movie!


I know everyone saw it, so no point in recommending it, but ill get part 2 and 4 and see Fast Five – the Rock vs Vin Diesel will be cool!


4/5


J-Man.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh.

    I couldn't possibly get behind any of the F&F movies, only because I'm a bit of a car snob. I feel that F&F made cool car stuff look stupid. No, fire, of any color, does not come out of the tailpipes when you kick up the nitrous. No, you can't kick the front of the car off the ground (especially while you're already moving) simply by punching the accelerator, unless you have thousands of horsepower in your engine (average road commuting cars don't exceed 200hp), and your suspension is set appropriately.

    Yeah, I know it's a personal problem, as I don't have a problem seeing exaggerated martial arts (Matrix series) or unreal explosives (The Expendables was STUPID fun!), but eh....Vin Diesel doesn't help, either. I can't hear him talk, because I don't have a subwoofer.

    ReplyDelete