Tuesday, May 10, 2011

With a "Y" not an "I".


The Pursuit of Happyness.


Will Smith and his son star in this true story of a man who lost a lot, almost everything, but was willing to rise to the challenge.


Smith does really well in this role and he makes this movie great! As it is the story is typical (I know it’s true, but still) he loses his wife, and home and isn’t making much money, so he goes for a long shot at applying for an internship at a stock brokerage. He wont be paid during the next 6 months and he has to dig deep to find the strength to go on.


He spends a night in the bathroom with his boy, he struggles with getting new clients and in the end it all works out.


As I said, nothing new, but Smith made it seem new and I was with him all the way. I also liked that he never gave up and never let his son go even though it would have been easier without him.


Good movie.


4/5


J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment