Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wrapping up 2011

I know, I know.  2011 is done, it was done 25 days ago.  Well, I'm getting older, I'm not as fast as I used to be, you'll have to pardon my geriatric ways, but I just finished watching the last film I would include in contention for the prestige of being in my top 10 list for last year.  So, for those of you interested (or just plain bored), here is my top 10 list of movies I saw released in 2011.


#10 - In Time - for changing my mind about Justin Timberlake's acting skills
#9 - Hugo - for showing you can still love movies and not be sappy about it
#8 - Rise of the Planet of the Apes - for making a "remake" and honoring the original instead of crapping on it
#7 - Season of the Witch - for great atmosphere and suspense and a completely dry ending
#6 - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - for memorable action scenes and for making the Mission Impossible team actually mean something again
#5 - The Adventures of Tintin - for being a good old fashioned adventure flick with the best animation, period
#4 - Real Steel - for being Rocky with robots
#3 - Captain America: The First Adventure - for being probably the best Marvel movie ever made and for showing how awesome the Captain America character is supposed to be
#2 - Hobo with a Shotgun - for being gory, gruesome, over-the-top and completely unapologetic about it...oh yeah, and for Rutger Hauer playing the entire thing straight
#1 - Sucker Punch - for its creativity, imagination and for being ignored by too many and applauded by too few


So, that was the best 2011 had to offer, in my humble, green opinion.  Here's hoping 2012 brings more of the same!


- Stephenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment