Monday, May 3, 2010

Hammer man.

Oldboy.

A true masterpiece of revenge and horror. If you think horror is Freddy and Jason killing people you are mistaken. That kind of horror is fake. Freddy is not gonna attack you and Jason is not gonna kill you. Ghosts and aliens are not out to get you, if they exist at all. But this little psychological thriller will make you sick.

I have never before seen such a disturbing movie as this that when I was watching it and pieced together what would happen I actually called out “Oh my god.” I NEVER EVER EVER SPEAK OUT ON MOVIES. I just sit and watch them, but this one drove me to it.

Basic plot. A man is imprisoned in a hotel room for 15 years. He is not sure why. He gets fed, and watches tv, but his captors also hypnotise him from time to time and screw with his mind. Anyway, after 15 years they let him go. Why.

Well it’s all answered. This movie is hard to follow – subtitles don’t help, and the fact that his mind is in question, we have to pay attention to what is going on. At times I was confused – why is this happening? But all questions are answered and the answers are very disturbing and explore the depths of evil that some will sink too in order to get revenge. It is very sickening to think that this could actually happen.

If you can handle the emotional impact of the finale of this film, then by all means buy it. You will not be disappointed, even though you’ll be disturbed.

5/5

J-Man
.

No comments:

Post a Comment