Thursday, February 24, 2011

The all time best.


All-Star Superman.

I cant remember if I had reviewed All-Star Superman the comic – I think I did, but just in case I didn’t, I’ll give you a one line review. It’s the best Superman story I ever read and strongly recommend you get it. Now on to the movie.

So the cartoon movie is about 75 mins long and the comic was 12 issues – to give you a comparison, Watchmen was 12 comics and it’s movie was 3.5 hours and it didn’t cover everything. Same here, but note the 75 mins time! So it only really scratched the surface of this great comic. Well that surface is enough to blow every other Superman movie or cartoon out of the water.

All-Star Superman the cartoon is an exciting adventure for anyone who likes Superman, comics, fantasy, or just movies in general. Even my wife liked it and she doesn’t read comics at all. So it shows you how good the story was!

I wont reveal anything about the story or adventure , the less you know about the movie the better and the more you know about Superman the better. But even if you don’t, it’s still one hell of a great movie. This is a must own and I would get the bluray combo if you can – the bluray is so wicked!

I would say that this movie along with the Christopher Reeve movies are the best representations of Superman outside the comic. The animated series would be up there too.

5/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment