Monday, February 27, 2012

The idiot speaks







Okay, let me first start off by saying, it's a tough act following a review of a movie where a man sets another man's ass on fire.  It's...I probably shouldn't be doing this. They're going to be talking about the man setting the other guy's ass on fire for years...no one will remember the post that preceded it, but I am a brave man and this is worth mention.


Before I begin, a thank you to Michael Blaze who read my rant on Time Play and gave me the name of the head honcho at Cineplex Famous Players.  Mr. Ellis Jacobs will be getting a letter from me, soon enough.  Then I'll let you know how the food is in jail.


This post is about a movie critic named Rex Reed.  Now, I don't read movie critics very often. I often find I have enough toilet paper in my house, it's never a need I've required.  However, while I was bashing the blah movie, Safe House (you can read the review on this blog), I noticed a comment from Mr. Rex Reed.  The comment is below:


"This is a naive director with so little insight you wonder what comic books he's been reading."


Okay, before I continue, let me give you a little background on Mr. Reed.  Mr. Rex Reed is the guy who spread the rumor that Marisa Tomei did not actually win the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for My Cousin Vinny, that Jack Palance was too drunk or stoned to say the real person's name properly.  Apparently there was a "massive cover-up"...yes, because the Academy wanted Marisa Tomei that badly.  This is the Rex Reed who was caught shoplifting CD's from Tower Records -- because much like his opinions, he must steal his music from others.  This is the Rex Reed who said the following line when he wrote about the 2005 Oldboy:


"What else can you expect from a nation weaned on kimchi, a mixture of raw garlic and cabbage buried underground until it rots, dug up from the grave and then served in earthenware pots sold at the Seoul airport as souvenirs?"


So, Mr. Reed, you have proven your vast capability for ignorance, so the comic book reference, I should expect from you, correct?  I mean, obviously you have kept abreast with all the happenings in comics, you read all the latest story arcs, the Darkest Night saga, the New 52, Dark Reign and Fear, Itself, right?  You weighed in on the Civil War storyline, right?  I mean, you cameo'ed in the original Superman movie, (which is a based on a...comic!) so you know everything about comics and you have every right to make that stupid comment, right?  


Thank you Mr. Reed.  Thank you for proving what an ignorant, arrogant, smug, bigoted bunch of a$$holes you and you're ilk are.  You're a member of the New York Film Critics Circle?  Are you sure that doesn't actually is supposed to say New York Film Critics Circle Jerk?  I mean, if they let an idiot like you in, then I can draw no other conclusion, can I?


You are a small man, Mr. Reed.  A small man with an even smaller mind and a tiny view of the world.  The unfortunate thing is, you think you are obviously intelligent and sophisticated and above it all.  Let me tell you something: people who are sophisticated and intelligent, don't make stupid comments like that.  They certainly don't get caught walking away with Mel Torme CD's in their jacket pockets.


By the way, you may be wondering what the picture of the 2 birds at the top of the post represent.  They represent the position my 2 middle fingers were in when I read your review and if I ever have the displeasure of making your acquaintance, you'll be seeing them, again.


- Stephenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment