Monday, November 29, 2010

Yes to No.


Dr. No.

The first real Bond film. Sean Connery was James Bond in this one and I have to say I was really surprised at how good it was.

There is no action. Say what now? NO ACTION – you read me. No action – it was all about Bond figuring stuff out and him just being cool. But he is not being obviously cool, he is just doing his job and I loved watching him do it, and how smart he was.

He secured his room by placing items around it so that he would know if someone searched it, he would speak to characters and in one second figure out they were bad, and a lot more. He was kind of like an audience member watching the movie. Let me explain.

Bond did everything you would want him too, as an audience member watching the film. When you watch a movie and find yourself yelling at the screen – DON’T DRINK THAT, or BE CAREFUL THEY ARE REALLY THE BAD GUYS, or DON’T TURN AROUND etc, well in this film Bond knew all that and didn’t fall for anything!

They couldn’t trick him at all. Every time someone tried anything funny, Bond was on to them, and nailed them.

I really liked that part of the character. Bond is smart man, a planner, and he’s cool and he gets the girls – this is what Bond is really about.

I am looking forward to seeing the next one! (next as in the next Connery one)

4/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment