Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

A Tale of Two Cities.

Based on Charles Dickens classic, this film version is one of many I’m sure. Now I don’t know what you all know about the storyline of this book/film, but I knew nothing but the opening line I wrote above.

But now I know why it’s a classic and why Dickens was so great. If the rule of the book being better than the movie holds true here, then the book must be one of the all-time greats. The movie is just amazing and even though I guessed what was gonna happen, it was still awesome.

The tale here concerns a bunch of French aristocrats who treated the French people like crap. At one point an a man is imprisoned for 18 for basically no reason, when he finally gets out he finds his daughter and swears revenge on the aristocrat that had him jailed. They move to England. On the boat ride there they meet a man who is also looking to escape, only he is the nephew of the aristocrat that imprisoned the man.

It gets more complicated then that though…I wont reveal it here.

You should see the movie – if you don’t like black and white, they have done several other versions, I’m sure they are all pretty good.

Sydney Carton is my favourite character in the film and story.

4.5/5

J-Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment